Saturday, August 8, 2026

Gingers

Redheads are relatively rare, which may be part of their particular appeal. Marty Stewart, Bill Douglas, Don Dunne, Andy Fuller, Rusty Drumon, and Ken Michaels show off a spectrum that runs from strawberry blonde through copper and auburn to unmistakable carrot red.


1. Marty Stewart by Neil Edwards - 1968. Edwards was based in Philadelphia and most of his models were UPenn students, but he discovered Marty on a trip to New Orleans and featured him in his magazine The Edwardians in 1968.




2. Bill Douglas aka Bill Cashman for Playgirl March 1974 "Man of the Month."




3. Don Dunne by Kris Studio. The caption says Dunne is, "sporting a brand new beard makes like some brawny lumberjack in this color shot by Kris Studio.


We often associate red hair with Ireland, though it appears across a much broader range of Northern European ancestry and in plenty of unexpected combinations elsewhere. The color can shift dramatically with lighting, too—sometimes reading almost blonde, sometimes deep reddish brown.


4. Adam Stuart (file says Andy Fuller, not sure if this is an alias or an error)



5. Rusty Drumon by Champion Studios (Walter Kundzicz) - 1967 - in a reclined pose on a bed.




6. Jude dancing in a white hat. (I would love any more info on this model).




7. Gerald posed in front of a colorful wall with a bird tattoo on his chest. (I'd also love any info on this model.)


And with a nude model, there's always the inevitable question: do the curtains match the rug? When they do, I admit I find it particularly hot. I once had a redheaded boyfriend, so perhaps I have a little bias here.


8. Dick Tracy in an outdoor shot wearing a straw hat.



9. Glen Mills on a table with white draping and a red backdrop.




10. Ken Michaels aka Ken Thomas in cowboy boots seated in front of a large window.


Please share any thoughts, questions, corrections or additions in the comments. I am missing a lot of info in this set, so any help is appreciated. Thank you, bns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gingers

Redheads are relatively rare, which may be part of their particular appeal. Marty Stewart, Bill Douglas, Don Dunne, Andy Fuller, Rusty Drumo...