Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Shaggy Hair

Not every model let his hair reach his shoulders. Many settled somewhere in between, wearing what I'd simply call a shaggy cut—hair falling over the ears, brushing the eyes, and looking as though it hadn't encountered a comb in several days.


1. John Thomas sitting on a car holding a wrench with shaggy hair.




2. James Grimes in a beach shot on a stump with his hair over his eyes.




3. Blue-eyed, Jamie Clark, with jaw-length hair combed back behind his ears.


To me, this style suggests a different personality. It feels casual, unconcerned, and even a little rebellious. These men might be college students, party boys, mechanics, musicians, or wanderers. Their appearance suggests they have more interesting things to do than worry about perfect grooming.


4. Gregg Donovan with a shaggy mullet wearing shoulder pads and jockstrap pulled back a la Heated Rivalry.




5. Terry Marcellus wearing only a fishing net.




6. Alan Davis rear view by Metecue.




Steve Potter in a deep squat with knees apart by Bob Mizer.


Perhaps that's why I find the look so appealing. It projects confidence without polish. Sometimes paired with a mustache, shaggy hair feels less like a hairstyle than an attitude.


8. Vito Milan with shaggy hair and mustache posed against what appears to be a memorial.




9. Clyde Wallace with shaggy hair and mustache reclining on a couch covered with a sheet.




10. Closing with 70's gay porn icon George Payne in a modest studio shot with thick shaggy hair.


Please leave any thoughts, questions, corrections or additions in the comments. Thank you, bns

2 comments:

  1. Hot set of pics, Vito Milan being my favorite. The shaggy hair takes a back seat as opposed to the long hair on your previous post. I’m still partial to short hair, but I could settle for shaggy. Speaking of Shaggy, would love to see a post on naked cartoon characters, such as Shaggy from Scooby Doo, who in my opinion is the ultimate rough trade cartoon. XG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I’ll definitely think about it! Thanks for the tip! bns

      Delete

Close-up: The Sublime Photograph

I like to close each month with a Close-up —a chance to hear your thoughts on a topic that's been rolling around in my head while resea...