A hand doesn’t just touch. It feels.
Temperature, texture, weight, shape—the hand takes in another body while giving something back.
A firm grip, a gentle palm, fingers resting on a shoulder or wrapped around a hand can communicate affection, reassurance, desire, possession, curiosity or trust without saying a word.
Between men, that language has often been surprisingly limited. A handshake. A pat on the back. A high five or a slap on the ass after a good play.
We have plenty of acceptable ways to say good job or we have a deal, but far fewer ways to say I care about you. I want to be close to you. I like the feel of you.
That’s what draws me to these photographs. The hands become a kind of emotional vocabulary.
Sometimes tentative, sometimes playful, sometimes unmistakably sensual—but always saying something.
Please leave thoughts, questions, additions or corrections in the comments. Thank you, bns



%20&%20Lee,%20Gary-001.jpg)




The unknown models look like twins, with the older one likely being on the left....
ReplyDelete